· Assemblies of God College is a full-time education institution located in an idyllic town of Henley-on-klip, near Meyerton which is approximately 22km North of Vereeniging and 40km South of Johannesburg.
· An educational haven removed from the distraction and pressures of modern urban and township life.
· The primary aim of the college is to offer a recipe of education studies for the future in a Christian environment.
· The curriculum is designed to enable learners to develop in a holistic manner and reach optimum performance in their studies by instilling creative and entrepreneurial skills in them.
· The college offers classes as follows:
The Primary school is divided into phases, viz. Foundation and Intermediate phases.
FOUNDATION PHASE: GRADE 1 – 3
3. Life skills
INTERMEDIATE PHASE: GRADE 4 – 6
1. English Home Language
3. Natural Sciences/Technology
4. Social Sciences
5. Life Skills
The High School section is also divided into phases, viz. Senior phase and Further Education and
Training (FET) Band
SENIOR PHASE: GRADE 7 – 9
1. English Home Language
2. Afrikaans First Additional (FAL)
4. Natural Sciences (NS)
6. Life Orientation
7. Social Sciences
8. Economic & Management Sciences (EMS)
9. Arts & Culture
· FURTHER EDUCATION & TRAINING (FET) BAND
(Divided into three (3) streams)
Grade 10 – 12 Curriculum
The following African Languages are offered:
1. SiSwati First Additional Language (FAL)
2. SeSotho First Additional Language (FAL
3. IsiXhosa First Additional Language (FAL
4. IsiZulu First Additional Language (FAL
· GRADES 10 & 11 (FET BAND) Learner are to choose a minimum of seven school subjects and a maximum of eight from the subjects streaming tabulated below:
· GRADES 12 (FET BAND) Learner are to choose a minimum of seven school subjects and a maximum of eight from the subjects streaming tabulated below:
· MONDAY - THURSDAY 07:45 - 16:00
· FRIDAY - 07:45 - 14:10
· All the prescribed textbooks for each grade are provided for by the school.
· Parents must stationery from any stationery shop. The stationery is available on our website, or hard copies can be obtained from the office during registration.
· The school management appoints qualified educators who have extensive experience in those particular learning areas and are registered with SACE.
· The school always tries to keep the classes in small ratios (1:40). This allows for individual attention by the teachers, so that all our learners can maximise their full potential during the teaching and learning period.
· Extra classes are catered for those challenging learning areas and are conducted as follows:
Monday – Wednesday : 18:30 - 20:30
Saturday - : 10:30 - 12:30
Grade 12 Intervention programme:
· During the school holidays in March, all the grade 12 learners remain behind for a week for revision, catch-up and start the second term’s work.
· In June/July holidays the same programme is followed.
· During September/October holidays our school hosts a number of schools from our district and other for the Grade 12 SSIP classes which lasts for three to four weeks, they also attend those classes.
GRADE 12 ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE SINCE 2009 TO DATE: